The current situation has/will put small businesses under tremendous financial pressure. Tenby Golf Club relies heavily on visitor/dormy income to operate, with members’ subscriptions barely covering the cost of running the course. Obviously most of the green fee and dormy bookings are now cancelling or postponing their visits until later in the year. As a result, the Club needs your support as members more than ever if it is to continue through these unprecedented times.
Cash flow will be vital over the next few months, therefore if you currently pay your subscriptions by direct debit, but are able to pay the 2020/21 by single payment now (or any upfront payment of any number of months and then resume the direct debit later in the year) it would be a great help. We appreciate that this is also a very difficult time for individuals as well as clubs and businesses, and fully understand if this is not possible.
If you wish to change from direct debit and make a card, cash, cheque or BACS payment, please e-mail David on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01834 842978 option 2, or call into the office.
We are fully aware that being a non contact, open air sport, golf is one pastime that people can continue to enjoy sensibly and safely at this time. With this in mind the three main governing bodies for golf: PGA, BIGGA and GCMA, have issued joint guidance to allow members and golfers to enjoy the game whilst observing some simple guidelines.
The current restrictions do not prevent golf competitions or casual games taking place, but all golfers should follow some simple steps to maintain the low risk of infection.
By following these steps, golf remains one of the safest ways to take exercise and interact socially with minimal personal contact, whilst meeting current Government guidelines.
Please see the following measures regarding the ongoing status of the club.
All decisions have been made with both members, visitor and staff’s health and well being in mind. The Board have made every effort, under the guidance and advice given by our governing bodies, to keep the facility open for as long as possible.
Please help the Club to remain open by adhering to the procedures laid out in the notice below. The Board and myself will review things as and when updates are released.
With effect from today (20 March 2020) the following measures will be introduced:
Golf Course Open (until further notice):
- Golfers are (as always) welcome to come dressed for golf, to change shoes in the car park, and minimise the amount of time in the clubhouse (please take clubs out of lockers and and trolleys out of the trolley shed and keep in your car).
- Social distancing should be observed in accordance with the advice given by our governing bodies.
- Buggy users will be encouraged to only have one person per buggy, where practicable.
- All bunker rakes will be removed for the foreseeable future, with members being asked to smooth surfaces with their feet. For competition play all bunkers will be declared as G.U.R.
- Ball washers, divot mix containers and divot bags have been removed.
- Golfers are urged to leave the flag in the hole, to avoid unnecessary contact with it.
- The cups have been turned upside down and raised them to the surface to avoid reaching into the hole to retrieve your ball.
- Please note, the use of the course/driving range and practice area is at your own risk. Keep tokens in your golf bag or car, or get a prepared basked of balls from the pro shop, not the ball dispenser.
Clubhouse – Limited Use (until further notice):
- Bar and catering will remain open with the following restrictions:
- Purchases by card are encouraged where possible.
- Tables/chairs will be spread out as far as practically possible.
- Doors will be kept open to avoid contact wherever possible.
- Snooker Room is closed.
- The lounge and toilets will be available within the Clubhouse opening and closing as normal.
- Shower facilities will not be available.
- Members are advised to remove personal items from their lockers in case of a complete closure.
- Wash hands thoroughly on entering and leaving the Clubhouse. The Club is currently trying to source hand sanitiser.
- Please note – the use of the Clubhouse is at your own risk.
Teams and Competitions (until further notice):
- Club Competitions are scheduled to continue at the present time.
- Summer Knockouts are delayed until next week to allow people to withdraw if they wish.
- Hand wipes/cleansers will be available by the score input touch screen, but avoid touching the screen with your hands. Where possible use a pen or pencil.
Management and Golf Operations (until further notice):
- The Office will be staffed as normal, subject to procedures put in place.
- Green staff will prepare the course as normal with operational adjustments for staff working hours as deemed necessary by the Club Secretary and Greens Chairman.
- The Pro Shop will remain open to receive green fee payments and any other purchases. Please pay by card where possible.
Please remember that golf is a great game that we can continue to enjoy by following these common sense guidelines.
We will continue to monitor the official Government guidelines/instructions and I will keep you informed of any changes.